Melissa is a Palm Beach Gardens native who worked as a Law Clerk for Schwed, Adams & McGinley for nearly two years before joining the team as an Associate Attorney. She graduated with a B.A. in Criminology from the University of Florida where her studies motivated her to go to law school. Right after graduating college, Melissa attended the Syracuse University College of Law and graduated from a joint degree program, earning her J.D. and M.S. in Forensic Science in just three years. During law school, she interned with the Palm Beach County State Attorney’s Office and with the Mid-Atlantic Innocence Project in Washington, D.C. She also became a published author when the Syracuse Journal of Science and Technology Law published her note titled, Has New York Been Promoting Unreliable DNA Evidence Leading to Wrongful Convictions?
During her time as a law clerk, Melissa worked on a variety of cases including car accidents, slip/trip and falls, dog bites, and wrongful deaths. She’s excited to continue helping the injured as an attorney with the Schwed team.
In her free time, Melissa can be found on the tennis courts, at the gym, or spending time with her family.
- Florida, 2022
- District of Columbia, 2019
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2019
- Syracuse University College of Arts and Sciences, M.S. Forensic Science, 2019
- University of Florida, B.A. Criminology, cum laude, 2016
- Has New York Been Promoting Unreliable DNA Evidence Leading to Wrongful Convictions?
- 35 Syracuse J. Sci. & Tech. L. 3 (2018-2019)