Hubert S. McGinley, Partner
Hubie has been practicing law in Florida for more than a quarter of a century and is now also a member of the Tennessee Bar. He was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1963. Hubie graduated from the University of Notre Dame, majoring in the Program of Liberal Studies also known as the “Great Books.” The core of the program, limited to 180 students a year, is a series of seminars and tutorials exploring the great works in literature, philosophy, science, political theory and intellectual history. Hubie continued at Notre Dame, graduating with honors from the Law School in 1989.
After graduation, Hubie began his career representing large corporations and insurance companies. Hubie became an equity shareholder at Kubicki Draper before becoming an owner of Schwed, McGinley and Kahle where he continued to defend companies, architects, engineers, accountants, attorneys and other professionals.
In 2012, Hubie joined Schwed Law, and now uses his decades of courtroom experience to help injured victims. Hubie has tried over 100 cases to verdict and continues an active trial practice. He limits his practice to representing individuals and families who have suffered as a result of the negligence of others. Since joining the firm in 2012 Hubie has successfully resolved over thirty-five million dollars of personal injury cases.
Hubie is the proud father of four and loves spending his time with his wife, Lori, and children: Claire, Caroline, Hugh and Jack.
- Wrongful death
- Automobile Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Construction Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Dog/Animal Attacks
- Civil Litigation
- Professional Liability
- Florida Bar, 1989
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1990
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1991
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2010
- Tennessee Bar, 2017
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D. Cum Laude, 1989
- Winner of Notre Dame Law School Edward Barrett Award for Outstanding Achievement in Trial Advocacy
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., 1985
- Universidad Compultense de Madrid, Spain, 1982-1983
Affiliations & Accomplishments:
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Professionalism Committee; Co-Chair of Mentoring Subcommittee
- 15th Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee “F” – Chair 2016-17
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Immediate Past President of Palm Beach County Chapter (ABOTA is an invitation only group of experienced trial attorneys “who display skill, civility and integrity”).
- Florida Trend's Legal Elite (Compiled by Florida Trend magazine asking members of the Florida Bar to provide “the names of Florida lawyers they hold in the highest regard-lawyers they have worked with personally or would recommend to others).
- Named to America’s Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys® for 2019.
|The National Association of Distinguished Counsel is an organization dedicated to promoting the highest standards of legal excellence. The mission of the NADC is to objectively recognize the attorneys who elevate the standards of the Bar and provide a benchmark for other lawyers to emulate. By virtue of the incredible selectivity of our research process, only the elite few are invited to join the ranks of the NADC. Specifically, less than 1% of practicing attorneys in the United States are members of the “Nation’s Top Attorneys”. The recipients of this prestigious award have demonstrated the highest ideals of the legal profession.|