Jack M. Sobel, Partner
A member of the Florida Bar since 1977, Jack M. Sobel has maintained an active trial practice within the State of Florida for more than 37 years. During his career, he has tried more than 100 cases to verdict, including claims arising out of automobile crashes, slips or trips and falls, dog bites, motorcycle and truck accidents, mishandled firearms and an assortment of other types of cases. His early courtroom training came at the Miami-Dade County Attorney’s Office where he defended many county agencies and officers in negligence cases. He then tried cases for insurance companies and their clients before electing to dedicate his practice exclusively to the representation of individuals with serious injury claims. He has also represented dozens of clients in matters pending in the various appellate courts of Florida.
Jack has been Board Certified by the Florida in Civil Trial Practice since 1996 and enjoys the highest rating awarded by the Martindale Hubbell national law directory – AV Preeminent. In 2016, Jack was honored as one of the Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers in South Florida, a commendation by The National Trial Lawyers. Since bringing his practice north to Palm Beach County and the Treasure Coast in 1995, Jack has served as president of the Martin County Bar Association, Chairman of a 19th Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee and as a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates.
Jack has been married since 1980 and has two grown daughters. In addition to being conversational in Spanish, Jack enjoys photography, music, golf and writing (including authoring a novel, The Flower Man’s Daughter, 2010).
- Wrongful Death
- Automobile Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Dog/Animal Attacks
- Florida Bar, 1977
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
Affiliations & Accomplishments:
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Martin County Bar Association, President, 2002-2003
- Chairman of a 19th Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee, 2006-2007
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Palm Beach County Justice Association
- University of Miami School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 1977
- Yale University, Bachelor of Science, Engineering and Applied Science, 1972